5 favorite reads

Hello, my fellow nerd friends/readers! I want to share some of my favorite reads as a little introduction, as well as (hopefully) some recommendations. 

In no particular order, let's get right into it!


1. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black 


Genre: fantasy/ high-fae fiction/ YA
Series: The Folk of the Air (trilogy)

I will never stop talking about this book and immediately recommend it. It's got high-fae fantasy, political intrigue, and a sprinkle of romance. This one is great if you're looking for something to keep the wheels in your brain working to figure out the long con, or if you just want to appreciate the beautiful writing and world-building. 




2. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover


Genre: contemporary/ romance/ realistic fiction
Series: It Ends With Us (duology)

This. Book. I sped through it and read it in one day. You will be hooked from the very beginning, I promise. The story has so many twists by the end that you'll be left reeling (but in a good way). I can't really say much else because I don't want to spoil it. PLEASE LOOK UP TRIGGER WARNINGS BEFORE READING.




3. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur


Genre: poetry/ nonfiction/ feminism
Series: --

I tore through this book. Normally I'm not a big poetry person, but I swear to you this is changing my mind. It's more than a collection of poems because it tells a story of loss, persistence, and healing. The art in the book is spectacular as well and really adds something to the words. I'd add a quote from the book, but then I'd end up posting the whole thing. It's also divided into sections based on the underlying theme in the poems, which I found helpful in setting the mood. Even if you don't like poetry, please give this one a chance. If you do like this one, I have more poetry recommendations!


4. Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid 


Genre: historical fiction
Series: -- (but I wish there was more)

This book was written in a way I haven't seen/read before. It's organized like an interview, so it's the characters talking back and forth telling their history. It follows a fictional band and their rise to fame in the 60s and 70s. This book is one of my must-reads, especially if you love historical fiction.



5. The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood


Genre: contemporary romance/ realistic fiction
Series: --


This book is one of the first that really got me into contemporary romances. However, it's not the whole plot. The main character has priorities other than love and dating, and she's going places as a scientist because she's a girl boss. Also, there's fake dating, and who doesn't love that trope? A little warning: there are a few spicy scenes, but yes, they're written well :)


If you're interested, here are links to some of the websites I use to track my reading!

Goodreads

Storygraph

Litsy     (I just started using this one, so bear with me!)

That's all for now! There are so many books I was dying to put on this list, so I'll probably have another post like this one. For the present time being, though, enjoy!




Comments